International House Cape Town is an affiliate of the renowned International House World Organisation. IHWO is a network of schools throughout the world that is committed to the highest quality of language learning and teacher training.
Our school is situated on the Atlantic Seaboard, in Sea Point. With the city centre and V&A Waterfront situated approximately 6km from the school and all the shops, bars and restaurants surrounding the school, students can enjoy proximity to a number of exciting attractions. School facilities such as computers, free internet, a comfortable lounge area, a barbeque area, communal kitchen, free coffee and tea and toilets ensure that students have access to all the necessities they need. Our teachers are all CELTA qualified teachers, with professional experience. We have a professional administration team. They are all friendly and will make sure that your stay in Cape Town is unforgettable.
We offer our students a wide variety of accommodation options ranging from Economy to Host families as well as Guest Houses / Hotels. Our accommodation are all situated within walking distance from the school. All host families are English speaking and strive to spend quality time with the students and make them feel welcome and part of the family.
So what makes Ih Cape Town unique?
- Great location.
- Situated a block away from the sea and promenade.
- Surrounded with shops, bars, restaurants and supermarkets.
- Amazing ocean views
- CELTA qualified teachers
- English for Specific Purposes (Oil & Gas and Aviation) and CELTA Teacher Training.
- FREE English Net Languages online.
English language courses at International House Cape Town
Contextual lessons are balanced to ensure that students improve their ability to apply language structures for authentic communication and improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
English for specific purposes
Choose from English for Secretaries & Administrative Personnel, English for Engineers (Oil & Gas), English for Nursing & Health Care as well as English for Aviation.
IELTS / TOEFL
These courses consist of Standard English in the morning, followed by exam preparation (either IELTS or TOEFL) in the afternoons.
This internationally recognized CELTA (Certificate for English Language Teaching to Adults) is intended for those without previous teaching experience who wish to enter the profession, and for teachers with no previous training in this field.
- A wide range of accommodation options including
economy, superior, self-catering, hotel, guest housesin addition to homestay.
- All accommodation is situated within walking distance from the school.
- Ih Cape Town offers various extensive volunteering programmes, which encompasses working with wildlife, environmental and community projects.
- Courses start every Monday, followed by a placement test to determine students’ levels.
- Students need to present their passport on arrival.