Bay Language Institute offers excellent English language training in one of Port Elizabeth’s more beautiful areas, Summerstrand. Combine your English course with a variety of fun activities for an unforgettable stay at this family-owned and managed school, just a two minute walk from warm Indian Ocean beaches.
The school offers personal service, individual attention and small classes in a caring and welcoming environment. Our experienced, qualified teachers ensure that your learning experience is everything it should be. Our location is almost ideal – the beach is close by and everything you need – shops, restaurants, banks, surf spots, diving sites and golf schools – is just five to fifteen minutes away.
While Bay Language Institute’s first priority is to ensure that students achieve their language-learning goals, there is plenty to see and do in leisure time – the world’s highest bungy jump, museums and art galleries, cultural encounters in remote rural villages, wildlife, surfing, diving or golf, whale and dolphin-watching, star-gazing and fossil-hunting in the Karoo, or just lazing away the afternoons on the beach.
It’s all here at Bay Language Institute – small classes, excellent teachers, adventure, beautiful beaches and nature – for a wonderful African experience combined with English tuition for the language learning experience of a lifetime.
English language courses at BLI
- General English – 20 lessons per week
- General English Plus – 30 lessons per week
- Examination preparation for Cambridge FCE and CAE, TOEFL and IELTS
- Long-stay courses
- Part-time courses
- English for Aviation
- TEFL teacher training
Why study English at BLI?
- Average of five students per class, maximum of eight
- Qualified, experienced teachers
- Personal attention and service in a friendly environment
- Situated on the bay in Port Elizabeth, with amenities from supermarkets to coffee shops a short walk away
- Golden beaches 220 metres from the school
- A great range of activities and excursions
Activities and excursions
- African wildlife and nature, with national parks and reserves, including Addo Elephant National Park, between 20 and 45 minutes away
- Whale, dolphin and penguin watching
- Bungy jumping
- Access to traditional African experiences
- Volunteering at wildlife and social projects
Students can stay with one of carefully-selected, English-speaking host families or can join the fun in the small student residence just 100 metres from the school.
Port Elizabeth is a smaller city that is easy to get around in and has great access to a wide variety of wildlife, adventure and cultural activities. The school is conveniently located near beaches, shops and activities.
The city is in the Eastern Cape province, uniquely positioned to offer visitors a wide range of adventure and cultural experiences.